- Government of Maharashtra with the co-operation of Ministry of Civil Aviation has taken step to developed Nagpur as a Multi Modal International Passenger and Hub Airport, and Multi Product SEZ adjacent to the Airport.
- The MIHAN project is spread over on above 4300 Ha. of land of which Airport is on about 1360 Ha. SEZ is on about 2000 Ha. and area outside SEZ comprising of R&R, PAP, Residential, Commercial and others SEZ related facility on about 1000 Ha.
- The Government of Maharashtra vide its GR dated 4th January 2002 accorded approval to MIHAN Project and constituted Maharashtra Airport Development Company Ltd.(MADC) as Nodal Agency to developed this project. The Government of Maharashtra also declared Maharashtra Airport Development company Ltd. (MADC) as a Special Planning Authority for MIHAN Project.
- Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) has been designated as Nodal agency for the project. It has developed necessary infrastructure and has already leased about 510 ha. land to various IT Companies like Infosys TCS, Tech Mahindra, Kolland, Hexaware etc. for developing the IT Parks and the manufacturing Industries like Tal, Lupin, and Aircraft MRO facility of Air India and Boeing combine. Another Company was also developed called MIHAN India Limited as Joint Venture between MADC (51%) and Airport Authority of India Ltd.(49%)
Development of MIHAN
- Government of Maharashtra decided to develop Nagpur airport as a Hub airport for both Passenger and cargo. Accordingly, in the year 1999, this project was assigned to MSRDC. On 18 Dec 2006, an MOU was signed between the State and Central Government wherein it was decided to form a Joint Venture Company with Maharashtra Airports Development Company (MADC) holding 51% and Airports Authority of India (AAI) holding 49% equity participation and also to transfer the assets of Nagpur airport to such Joint Venture Company, viz. MIHAN India Ltd. (MIL)
- A joint Venture Agreement to this effect was signed on 22 Feb 2009 and a joint venture company, viz. MIHAN India Ltd (IML) was registered on 09 Jun 2009.
- MIHAN has a very strategic location, as it is located at the geometrical center of the country and is easily accessible by road, rail and air. This is the only multi product Special Economic Zone which is adjacent to an existing international airport. MIHAN SEZ has already become operational, and is spread over an area of more than 1382 Ha.
- A number of leading IT Companies Like Infosys, TCS, WIPRO, Tech Mahindra and HCL have taken land for their centres, while IT parks are being developed by large corporate like DLF, Shapoorji Pallonji and L&T. Companies like Hexaware BPS, TAL and Lupin Pharma (Trial Drug Formulation) have already started exports from MIHAN SEZ whereas TCS and Air India-Boeing are going to start their operations very soon.
MIHAN SEZ with total area allotted is around 510 ha to 54 companies out of which 15 companies tie in different phase of operation. A total investment made by MADC & investors is around 4500 Crs and direct and indirect employment generated is around 6000. The cumulative Exports have touched around 115 Crore. There are many potential companies have expressed setting up their units in MIHAN. The space is extremely useful for service and exporting companies because of the location and infrastructure benefits provided in MIHAN. Seven Companies along with the office of Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) and Development Commissioner and Utility services are located in Central Facility Building. Caliber point (Hexaware Group) and TAL manufacturing Solutions have completed their 1st phase of project is already exporting.
- MADC also provides ready-to-work fully furnished space in the Central Facility Building in MIHAN SEZ where operations can be started immediately.
- The space is extremely useful for service and exporting companies because of the location and infrastructure benefits provided in MIHAN. Various IT Companies along with the office of Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) and Development Commissioner are located in Central Facility Building.
Maharashtra Airport Development Company Ltd
- 8th Floor, World Trade Centre, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai - 400 005
- Tel. No. : +91-22-49212121, 49212122
- Fax No. : +91-22-22163814 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org